Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's the Eye of the...





T-I-G-E-R-S….TIGERS!!!
As T.O. will say…. "Getcha Popcorn Ready!" This is going to be the biggest game of the year, possibly of the decade! The number one ranked Memphis Tigers take on the number two ranked Tennessee Vols this Saturday in my backyard in Memphis at the FedEx Forum. Regardless of the outcome, it’s going to be a great game. Great for the city, teams, all fans and especially the SCALPERS!! You can pay tuition with some of the prices I’ve heard the tickets are going for.
Let’s examine an outcome. “Tigers beat the Vols” Absolutely great for the Tigers! They get braggin rights, shut up the nay-sayers and remain number one! Then they go on to be the number one overall seed in the tournament!!
“Vols beat Tigers”…. Hum…UT gets’ braggin rights, move to the number one spot in the polls, and get a number one seed in the tournament. The tigers however would not fall below #3. They would’ve only lost one game and they still would get a number one seed in the tournament! It would actually be a win-win for the Tigers (less the braggin rights). I could bear the nay-sayers until tournament time. The Tigers are deep and they will go deep in the tournament. I did have a trip planned but it got altered by family business. So… I guess I’ll be here for the game. Beale St and downtown Memphis are going to be like Memphis in May. I think I’m going to walk around with a toothbrush in my pocket just in case!
Dickie V!! See ya in Memphis Saturday!! First bag of Popcorn on you! “AWESOME, BABY!!”

No comments: